Sunday, November 25, 2007

Big boy bed

I did not cry. I didn't even get teary eyed. The past three years flashed before my eyes. I remember the day we bought the crib. I remember Uncle A putting it together. Middle didn't sleep in it for a long time and then he did. He snuggled up with his blankie and all of his friends, barely room for him. And yesterday King Daddy disassembled it one screw at a time. And before I knew it, the crib was down, in pieces. The big boy bed was up as quickly as the crib was down. They all jumped on the bed unaware of what this rite of passage meant for their mother. Middle slept well in his new bed. He looked so small in the vastness. He came down after we had put him to bed looking for "stuff". Does he feel small in his big bed? This morning his bed was littered with books, cars and friends. He is making his home. Cozy and warm. Sleep well my darling, sleep well.

Nonsequitur-
Oldest: "Moommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy he put a boogie on my belly."
Me: "Uh, what?"
Oldest: "He put a boogie on MY belly."
Me to Middle, the perpetrator: "Is that where boogies go?"
Middle: "no"

No comments: