Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cliché

Like many of us I feel the need to reflect upon all of the good in my life on this the eve of thanks. I lost my breath this morning at the magnitude of love I feel for my family. For my children, each different from the next. A charge of magnificent proportion. For my husband, THE man of my dreams. Without whom I would not be as am I. For all the blessings big and small. For the roof over my head, for the warmth of my furnance. I am well aware that we have so much that so many others do not. So it is on this the eve of thanks that I look around at my family and give many, many thanks. For their health and mine. For their giggles and fresh talk. For their freedom to be them. For their 100 hug kisses every morning when I leave them. For their smiles and their adoration. For all their frustrations and fights. I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe I would change a few things. For all of it, good and bad, no words can describe the amount of gratitude for my life and all that are in it.
Tomorrow we will gather with a bounty of food and family. The house will be spotless, the food delicious and the family joyful. We will give Thanks.
And at 5 a.m. on Friday I will be at Wal-Mart, elbowing other mothers in the throat to get the latest toy.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: