Monday, December 17, 2007

Care free and freezing

On M, W and Fridays I pick up Oldest from Pre School and deposit her back to our babysitter’s house. Today we were right on schedule. She had her boots on, with her Princess Sneakers in her Dora Backpack, and her hood up. It was cold. I arrived a few minutes early and listened to Christmas Carols with the heat blowing on my feet. I see the little heads bobbing up and down through the glass. I emerge from the car and move quickly so she sees me. She comes out and with her furry purple boots starts jumping in the crunchy, ice coated snow. I pull her away. The crunch is irresistible. “No, mom I want to walk on this.” Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch. “Please be careful, I don’t want you to slip.” “Ok.” Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. She keeps on stomping. We make it to the car and away we go.

It is universal. The crunching is universal in all kids. At first I was annoyed as I needed to get back to my office. But I realized she is only going to be 4.5 NOW. So I held her hand and she crunched along. She was sporting a black turtle neck, black leggings and a dress that is too small for her and now looks more like a shirt. It has horses all over it. And she loves it.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

No comments: