Friday, December 7, 2007

S C A T O L O G Y

Bathroom humor. Potty talk. POOP talk. Whatever your vernacular, if you have children you know of what I speak. And this language is huge in our house these days. Middle just likes to say "Butt." He dissolves into giggles and says it at every opportunity. I think mostly because it makes Oldest laugh. But the problem is, it makes me laugh too. I prefer to refer to the passing of gas, as just that. I find the slang for that so offensive I can't even type it. Oh and this brings me a cum-pleet nonsequitur but was hilarious none the less.

I was instant messaging with one of my coworkers today. He and I have been working tirelessly on this seemingly unending project. I IM'ed just one word, "fuck." His response was, "Nice mouth". His follow up to that was "Do you kiss your Mother with those fingers?" I WAS DYING! It was h i l a r i o u s!

Anyway, sorry for that interruption. Where was I? Oh yes POOP. Growing up my siblings and I were totally into it. And sadly, some would say, we are still into it. When the five of us are together it is inevitable and the laughter cannot be stopped. So it is hard not to laugh.

King Daddy, however, is not as schooled in the ways of bathroom talk as I. And so it was 7 years ago when he began working with my brother that his initiation began. And today you ask? He is a champion. In fact he composed a little diddy for the kids. It is to the tune of the Tin Man's song from Wizard of Oz, you know the one, "If I only had a heart..." His version goes like this:

"I will poop away the hours
and wipe my bum with flowers
if I only had a bum..."
My my Dear Reader, how far the mighty have fallen.
p.s. It is the 4th night of Hanukkah and Oldest has recited the Pledge of Allegiance every night. Precious!

No comments: