Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Today is the first day of Blog 365! It is an epic commitment, but as my mom said, "It just pours out of you." I do have a lot to say and I look forward to the challenge! As you will see I have outlined topics by day to help with this challenge. I anticipate sticking to this outline, but I reserve the right to alter this at any time. I hope you will follow along with me as we meander through the next 364 days! Happy New Year!!!


5:38 a.m.
Momma! Momma! Baby is yelling from his bed. It is still dark out and I am snuggled under the covers. King Daddy is snoozing away, unaware of the yells coming from the other room.

6:01 a.m.
The screams get louder and louder. I hear the unmistakable sound of our door knob. Middle is first into our room. He climbs right into bed, on my side. Oldest comes in, wearing her new purple robe that she went to sleep in, "I want to lay right there!" Oh my, Happy New Year.

I signed up for this but sometimes it is hard. Sometimes it would be nice to wake up peacefully, without all the yelling. Baby has managed to get out of his crib on several occasions and sometimes I wish that he would climb out in the morning and stop all that yelling.

No comments: