Friday, August 8, 2008

Our daily life


Since he has been doing most of the driving this summer, KD started a routine in which each child gets to pick the route we drive to our baby sitters, to and from. Of course they have options, straight way, bump way or the secret way.


Yesterday it was Oldest's turn to choose. I have to ask her which way she will choose almost in code as the boys both begin to yell out their choices. Yesterday was no different, I barely had the words out of my mouth before the boys were screaming, "straight, straight, straight!" To which Oldest responds, "STOP. You always confuse me when you scream. Stop! You are confusing me!" I always tell her that I am listening to her and her only and it doesn't matter what they say, it is her decision. But yesterday was different, she continued with this, "You are fired. I am firing you from your jobs! STOP!" By the way, she chose the straight way. And I chuckled all the way home.

3 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I love that she fired them! You've got a funny girl!

Happy Campers said...

I love the boots!!!

KathyLikesPink said...

What? She didn't choose the secret way?

I would imagine a girl with two brothers has to learn to put her foot down early in life. (and if the foot is wearing a stylin' boot, all the better!)