Sunday, December 28, 2008

I didn't think I would

I have not read for pleasure in months. In fact really the last time I read consistently for pleasure was when I rode the commuter rail daily, oh about 4 years ago. Take into consideration I am the mother of three, work full time and my commute is approximately 7 minutes by car I haven't read anything thicker that O in months.

I received a very generous Border's gift card from my brother for Christmas, so I went out on Friday to peruse and secure long awaited books. I did some research and compiled a list. I am not one to wander aimlessly. My friend at work had mentioned that she just finished a very popular young adult book. She went on to say that she stayed up half the night to finish it and this type of book is generally not her cup of tea. I had this title in mind when I made my way to Border's. Sheepishly I picked it up, now knowing the story, I then made my way over to the literature section and made a few more selections before heading to the check out.

We went to Maine on Friday to celebrate Hanukkah with KD's family, so I knew it was going to be 2 + hours of solid reading time. Within the first 50 pages I was hooked. I replaced one of the bulbs in the car so I could read on the way home. I stayed up too late and read. Yesterday we went to Plymouth, another solid hour of reading. I finished about 12:45 a.m.

I didn't think I would. But I have been converted to a loyal follower of the Twilight Series.

No comments: