Monday, February 23, 2009

The question

I sent an email to the principal of Oldest's school inquiring about an after school program. Today, for example, KD had a faculty meeting and couldn't be home to meet the bus. He was home by 3:45, because we currently do not have an after school program, I left my office to be home for Oldest. In this economy, although my job is flexible, I am sensitive to the notion of "earning my keep." If we had an after school program Oldest could have played until such time that KD could pick her up. I would go so far as to say that many people who are not currently working could eventually start working as many companies are laying people off and/or cutting back salaries and bonuses.

It would make good sense. But I don't make such decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey B ... in Pembroke the YMCA runs a program out of the elementary school...do you have a local Y branch that may set up a program at the school ?