Monday, October 5, 2009

Variety

I have been purchasing clothes and school supplies for Oldest since August.  Middle goes to school 3 days a week for 2.5 hours.  He also needs school clothes, although shopping for a boy is much different than shopping for a girl.  I prefer that he wears polos and button down shirts with nice pants.  It is my personal philosophy that the clothes they wear to school help in setting the tone of what is expected of them.  Baby is generally 1 to 2 sizes behind Middle and what I buy for Middle, Baby will eventually wear.  Which allows me to break my personal rule of not spending more than $10 on one single item of clothing, with the exclusion of shoes and coats, of course.  I do not need to make any clothing purchases for Baby, as technically he already has a full wardrobe. 

We have a dump swap at our dump.  This is an area where people put things they no longer want, that are in good and usable condition.  Three weeks ago, KD came home with some items that were completely viable.  They included some Spider Man jammies and some Transformer shirts.  What the heck, they can be washed, right?  So we washed them and Middle wore them for days.

So yesterday when KD was clearing out the top of the barn, he presented me with a bag full of 3T and 4T clothes.  We have received them from someone in the family.  So I went through the bag, pulled out the 3T and put them in the washer.  This morning I gave Baby his clothes, got him dressed and told him how handsome he looked.  To which he replied, "Did you get my new clothes at the DUMP?"  I just about died.

No comments: