Sunday, January 31, 2010

Twinkle Toes

Merri's birthday is fast approaching.  Last year we had the girls make bracelets, it lasted all of 5 minutes and then I was beyond anxious.  This year I haven't decided what we will do, but Merri has decided what she wants.

Twinkle Toes
Chixos

Chixos is absolutely out.  It is the girl version of Pixos which is the formerly known Aqua Dots that was recalled. 

Last night I started researching Twinkle Toes.  Evidently they are shoes that are made by Sketchers that have sequins on the toe.  The shoe looks remarkably like a low top Chuck Taylor with a little more fancy shoe.

I looked further down the list of returned searches and came upon another web site.  And they make their own Twinkle Toes, custom made.


I think you will agree that these are darling shoes.  But I think that perhaps you will also agree that if anyone has any craft skills that these could be created rather than purchased.  These custom ones are $75.  Yup, you read that right.  I think you can buy Converse sneakers at Target for about $20.


And perhaps I can purchase a boatload of these


And make my own.  Sketchers cost anywhere from $39 - $43.  I ust need to figure out the best materials to use for longevity.

Voila!

No comments: