Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ginerbread House

While the world sleeps, I am awake. Listening to whining. I love whining. King Daddy and I have taken to encouraging whining because they don't listen to us when we ask them not to whine. They think it is funny. ha ha ha. Real funny.

My fear this time of year is that my children will open presents, cast them aside and yell, "WHAT ELSE!" I have been coaching them and coaching them. It is futile on anyone but Oldest and I think it is working. As Middle does everything that she does, so I think we might be ok.

Work has been crazy and more to the point, I have been thinking about it while away from it. This is new to me. I love what I am doing and I love the people I work with, but I really don't want to think about it when I wake up in the middle of the night. That is something I never wanted to do.

Something else I never thought I would do. Clean before my cleaning people came. Growing up I remember the Mother of Queen Mommy telling us to clean before our cleaning person came. I never understood it. "Duh, the cleaning person is coming and I am cleaning?" Well, as the world sleeps, I am racing around picking up all of our crap before the cleaning people come. I have realized that if I don't do it, I won't ever find it again. The cleaning people are awesome and I am so thankful for them, but they make neat piles out of all my messy piles. They put toys in different baskets than I would. So to thwart this I must clean before they come. Now I get it. And thank God I have a SMALL house!

I had a run in with the law yesterday. My registration expired and I owed a fine to the Turnpike Authority that I repeatedly forgot to pay. Yesterday I locked myself out of the car at Oldest's school. The helpful staff at school called the police. I was freaking out, I knew what would happen. And it did. "You have a problem." "I know I have a problem. And I know it is not this problem," I replied. And then it all came undone. For a few hours I was an outlaw. I drove illegally. But all is well, I have everything straightened out. And it is a good thing. We are on our way to the Ginger Bread House decorating party for 10 a.m. at my brother's house. The kids will be wild.

Must go and get everyone dressed and warm up the car.


No comments: