Sunday, December 2, 2007

I have created a monster

My kids have never played on the computer. Admittedly, Oldest is probably behind her contemporaries on this skill. But I knew it would be Pandora's Box and I just couldn't deal. So it has happened. QA1 babysat on Thursday last and they were introduced to Microsoft Paint. I knew this day would come. My friend set up her old computer for her kids and I thought that would be a good idea for our kids. So we set up the old one, pull out the kid table and chairs. Oldest starts painting pictures, but soon she wants to do something else. Our old computer is old. So old, that I am not sure we could put games on it as our operating system is Windows 98. Then Baby climbed, repeatedly, on top of the table and proudly stood on the computer. [This is why the table was in the barn in the first place!] So I put the table and chairs back into the barn and put the computer back where it was.

That is when it happened. I got onto the Internet, something I had not planned on, but we have no computer games and I already pay for Internet access so, "Why not?" I went to PBSKids.org and headed straight for Super Why, our FAVORITE show on PBS this season. She played Super Why games for hours, or so it seemed, and loved it! She needs to work on her fine motor skills (mouse) and her letters (games), so regardless of the fact that Pandora's Box has been opened, she will be smarter and more dexterous.

No comments: