Monday, December 24, 2007

Inside the mind of a 4 year old

"What do you think Santa is having for breakfast?" She asked.
"Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe pancakes or french toast," I said.
"No, I think he is having toast with Nutella," she said. "
"Oh, I bet that is exactly what he is having," I replied.

Hours and hours later...
"What do you think Santa had for lunch?" She asked.
"I think he had steak with mashed potatoes and milk," I said.
"Ohhh, Santa loves milk," she says.

QA1 took her over to the children's service to the church across the street, not our regular church, but it is so close AND they have a children's service. They walked over.

Before they left QA1 said, "Come on let's go celebrate the Baby Jesus." And they were off. I peeked out the window to see if they were walking along the street or trudging through the snow. They were walking along the street, she in her red dress, silver bow and purple boots holding QA1's hand.

It is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: