Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dolls, submarines and the voice of God

Oldest: "I want a doll that looks just like K."
Me: "Why do you want a doll that looks like K?"
Oldest: "Because I like her."
Middle: "I want a doll that looks just like daddy."
Oldest: "I want a doll that looks just like you mommy."
Baby: "go go go."

later

Oldest: "Can we listen to Yellow Submarine?"
Me: "Sure."
After a few choruses of Yellow Submarine
Oldest: "Can I live in a yellow submarine?"
Me: "Uh, sure you can live in a yellow submarine."
Middle: "I want to live in a yellow submarine too."
Oldest: "Will you live with me momma?"
Me: "If you are there I will be there too."
Middle: "Daddy and Baby and Oldest and momma and me?"
Me: "You bet."

Later while Wonderful World was playing

Oldest: "Is this God singing?"
Me: "Hmmmm."
Oldest: "Because it sounds like God's voice."
Me: "We should listen to it again because it is such a beautiful song."
Oldest: "Yeah."

No comments: