Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pain

I am not a weakling. Rather I am quite strong. I am out of shape and overweight but for someone in this condition, I am not not weak. At least I didn't think so, until Sunday. See that square looking thing right there? That is a 30" x 36" x 1 1/2" piece of Blue Stone.

I bought it on Saturday at a lovely stone yard, where I intend to shop much more next summer, and they put it in my car. On Sunday, KD and I had to get it out of the car and into the house. I still can't believe how heavy it was. I had to wear gloves AND take three breaks. And didn't actually make it into the office/toy room where it was to ultimately end up. KD handled that end over end. I could feel the lactic acid exploding through my muscles and was shaking within minutes of this chore. KD then asked me when I had become "such a flower?!"

Oh and if you are wondering why we would have such a "rock" in our house? It is the hearth pad for the pellet stove!

1 comment:

Happy Valley Mom said...

I am telling you--try pilates!