Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why do you need to know?

Why do you need to know the specifics about the contract before you will support the teacher's in your town? I know that assuming is never a good thing, but I think it is safe to assume that they are asking for a little more than the town is comfortable approving, i.e. 0% increase.

They are not asking for anything more than most of us who work in the private sector are offered.

Tuition reimbursement. That is one thing they are asking for. Not a lot, up to a maximum of $2,000 +/-. Which makes a difference in their lives as they are REQUIRED to take classes and get a master's all on their own dime, and in my case, my dime. So yes, tuition reimbursement is huge.

It still amazes me the rhetoric around this issue and how little support the teacher's are getting from the public at large.

Today is day two of work to rule. KD will be home by 2:30 to grade all of his papers for the quarter.

No comments: