Sunday, November 29, 2009

A little of this and a little of that

I spent some time today reading my previous posts.  It was a delightful spin down memory lane.  I realized that I have not done a good job at a few things.  Number 1:  Honing my craft of writing.  Number 2:  Not comprehensively documenting my children's lives.  Number 3:  Letting unpleasant things take me away from something I enjoy.

I am back.  I am here and I will once again take joy in writing all about the silliness, the awkwardness, the honesty of motherhood.

Until then, I leave you with this: 
A Saturday morning jaunt, in our jammies, to find a fine specimen of winterberry to assist in the Christmas-ifcation of our home.  However, when we pulled off the road I could not traverse the steep incline to steal the berries right out of the birds who were enjoying a most delicious breakfast.  Instead I captured children clad in their jammies, with frosting from Christmas colored sprinkle donuts caked on their cheeks. 
But most importantly?  Do you see M?  She is buckling O into his seat.  It is how we roll.  Teamwork, support and assistance for eachother.*



And this one?  He has his chapter book.  He has taken one of his books and divided the pages into chapters, complete with a book mark.  We have read three chapters thus far.  He wants to read sooooo bad.

* This is a snippet of behavior and yes, we teach all of those things but it depends on the mood of the child who is the giver of assistance.  On this day M was more than happy to assist. 

No comments: