Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Tired

Christmas if by far my favorite time of  year.  I usually decorate the house on Thanksgiving eve, although this year, we weren't home.  Then the day after Thanksgiving we weren't home either.  So I began decorating on Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I started slow.  I am tired after working all week!


Then we worked on the Advent wreath:


and since we had gathered so many greens we did this:





I took this plain candle:


And turned it into this:

M had made a bazillion snowflakes the week previous so we did this:


We hung them with silver glitter covered clothes pins.


And this weekend, we did this:

I  have yet to put the candles in the windows or do this to my chandelier:


I am also rethinking this:

I feel it looks a little like a space shuttle.

Luckily for me, I celebrate until early January so my decorations can be enjoyed for a few more weeks.
In the meantime, maybe I will get the candles in the windows this week.

We had a town wide celebration today and we got to visit with:


M said to me in the car on the way home, "That is not the real Santa.  He had boot covers!  He was wearing sneakers with boot covers."
Hmmm, how am I going to deal with that

No comments: