Friday, December 11, 2009

A crazy mixed up holiday

I went out last night and did some shopping.  I got some stuff that I needed and was able to cross it off the list.  I was in line at 8:20 pm.    A cheery thought danced through my head, "ahhh, when I get home, the kids will be in bed and I can crash on the couch."    As I was driving home, giddy with the thought of potential relaxation, I realzied.  I realized that I had told the kids and their teachers that we would be sending in gelt and dreidels for each of their classes.  So at 9 pm, I commenced putting together 19 little packages.  Fourteen of which had hand written instructions on how to play dreidel.    The children were so proud and happy to be bringing their little Hanukkah gifts to be shared.  Everyone loved them! 




I had grand plans for tonight, the first night of Hanukkah.  Potato latkes, pizza delivery...But J is working, we were out of pellets for the pellet stove and McDonald's was right there next to the pellet store.  We got Hanukkah Happy Meals instead.  We will light the candles when J gets home, but in the mean time, I hope I get gimel!

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay.

When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.
Oh dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, then dreidel I shall play.

No comments: