Friday, January 29, 2010

Restful night

2:40 a.m.Will comes into our room, he was home with a barking cough yesterday, so I was not surprised at all.  He did feel slightly warm, so I tucked him in, scooted into the middle of the bed.  I hate the middle of the bed.  I like to sleep on my side with my leg hanging off the side.  The middle is not conducive to this behavoir at all.

2:50 a.m.  Ollie comes into our room.  He pads over to my side of the bed, he is confused by the fact that Will is in my space.  He pads over to Jer's side of the bed and starts tapping on the bed.  When Jer does not stir he taps the lamp on the bed side table.  Again, no response.  He heads downstairs.

2:59 a.m.  Ollie has gone up and come down stairs three times.  Finally he stays down stairs.

3:04 a.m.  I hear doors opening and closing downstairs.  I remove myself from my bed in a most ungracious way and high tail it downstairs.  When I arrive downstairs I learn that not only is Ollie downstairs but Merri is too.  Merri is already ensconsed on the couch.  Will is shortly behind me.

3:05 a.m.  I loose my mind and start yelling.  We had a big talk about where they are supposed to sleep last night.  So I pretty angry, not to mention I am so over the sleep deprevation thing, I did my time with that.

3:07 a.m. I return upstairs ensuring all doors are locked and try to sleep.

6:40 a.m.  Jer wakes me. I doze in and out. 

7:05 a.m.  Ollie comes up stairs crying.

7:10 a.m.  Ollie comes back up stairs no longer crying.  I invite him into my bed and he snuggles up. 

7:25 a.m.  The steady sound of his breathing leads me to the conclusion that he has fallen asleep, I gaze over at him to confirm my suspicion.

7:26 a.m. I get into the shower to deal with my life.

7:38 a.m. I come down stairs.  I am appalled to see all the movies from the cabinet spread all over the floor.  They are watching Pocahontas.  Um...."How many movies have you watched?" 

You know what, I don't even want to know.  I am buying a lock for their door, tonight.  It is 8:32 a.m. and Ollie is still sleeping.  I need to go to the bank, drop the kids off and go to work.  Oh and by the way, it is about -34898 degrees out.

No comments: