Saturday, February 12, 2011

The unknown

This is the first installation in a series recalling the days leading up to when I discovered I was pregnant.


Exactly, and I do mean exactly, one year ago at this moment I was in the most excruciating pain.  Indescribable pain.  The kind of pain that makes you sweat and shiver at the same time.  The pain was familiar.  All too familiar.  The pain started at approximately 6:05 p.m., I was at an appointment.  I could not leave.  Instead I stood up and paced.  I breathed through the pain, similar to breathing through contractions. 

After my appointment concluded, I got in my car and I called home.  I told my husband that I was having severe pain, that I thought I knew what it was, and that I was going to take myself over to the ER. 

I drove to the ER and got myself registered.  And waited.  While I waited I did some work, as I had my lap top.  Then I began to look around.  This place was dirty, the floor, the seats, the people.  Then I began to think about the origin of my pain and what if the doctors were dirty.  The pain had subsided to a manageable degree.  I called home and told Jer that I was going to come home and call my own doctor in the morning.

And with that I headed home to get working on the Valentine's project.

No comments: