Sunday, February 13, 2011

Psuedo Discovery

This is the second installation in a series recalling the days leading up to when I discovered I was pregnant.



When I awoke and got the children off to school.  I called my doctor's office.  They got me in for a 1:00 p.m. appointment. 

The doctor entered the room and we started talking.  I told him what I thought it was.  He asked me where I was in my cycle.  He said, "Yes, yes, you are probably right."  He did his exam said that it was good that I was feeling pain all over rather in one spot.  It was consistent with my self diagnosis of a ruptured ovarian cyst.

As the exam was concluding, he mentioned that perhaps, if I didn't get my period within the next week or so, or if I should feel nauseous, I should take a test.  "Um, oooooookkkk," I thought.  "A little weird," I thought.   But being so relieved that I didn't have ovarian cancer, I drove home and promptly fell asleep.

The next day, one year ago, today, I went about my business and took care of the kids.  Jer was working. 

I woke in the middle of the night, couldn't sleep and when I did sleep it was fitful and restless.  It seemed that every single commercial on the t.v. that night had to do with fertility, infertility, pregnancy tests, ovulation predition kits.  It was crazy.  Truly one of the most unrestful nights I ever recall.

And when I woke up...

No comments: