Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Orange juice anyone?

Well I am here, in Florida. There are palm trees everywhere and luckily for me the weather is overcast and cool, only 64 degrees. We had 8+ inches of snow so I decided last night that I would dress accordingly and change at the airport, in Florida, into appropriate clothes for one. my business meeting and two. the weather.

I promised Oldest that I would call and do prayers with her over the phone. Perhaps you forget, Dear Reader, that King Daddy is Jewish. Although we decided to raise our kids in the Christian tradition, it does not mean that King Daddy will have to recite the "Gentle Jesus, meek and mild..." prayer with the kids. So as luck would have it, I called just in time, even though I thought I had missed them. At the end of our prayer we say, "God Bless everyone we love, ESPECIALLY, [insert name(s) here]. Tonight Oldest said, "Don't forget about Middle, he is very very sick." "Um, what?" What is she talking about, he was doing better yesterday and he didn't come into my bed last night, he was asleep when I left this morning, WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT? "I love you, can I talk to Daddy?" I was out to dinner with my colleagues and our client. So I was not totally focused on the kids and her claim that Middle was very sick came out of left field. "Let me get them to bed and I will call you back in a few minutes," King Daddy says. He called me right back. Our babysitter called and left a message for King Daddy at school, "Middle is having a very hard time and I think you need to bring him in to see the doctor." Evidently Middle cried through the entirety of his nap complaining that his ear hurt and that his mouth hurt. He was running a fever.

So they go to the doctor, all 4 of them. The doc looks in his throat, "not bad." The doc looks in his ear, "pretty bad." The nurse steps in and says, "he is positive for strep." Strep throat and an ear infection. Amoxycilin 2 teaspoons, three times a day for 10 days. I am 1,000 miles away from my sick boy. I would prefer to be there with him, comforting him, holding him, rubbing his head, getting him his pink medicine and snuggling. King Daddy is there and will do everything for him that I would. He will be fine, but still.

Sleep well Mhister Man, sleep well.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh no - I hope he's feeling better soon. That's got to be so hard to be away while he's sick... I'm still jealous that you're in FL though! :)